By the Sea
[html]

WC=400+

So that cat has a name. Jaden thought for a second. He found her aura and the way she acted sort of amusing. There was no doubt to him that if she wanted to attack him, Clare would be quite a capable enemy, but he doubted she could easily make him a meal. Her assurance that he was safe simply because she wasn’t hungry tested the other assassin’s patience a bit, but he let it go with a confidant huff and grin. He wasn’t in a mood to force his dominance and risk his life. He did wonder whether all cats were as proud. The quality was not one that would have stood unchecked if Jaden was in a foul mood.

Jaden’s smile broadened when Clare referred to him as Sir. He had never been greeted in such a way. This cougar carried an entertaining conversation. “I do understand the feeling of having no set place to be, but other than that, I am oblivious to the life of a feline such as you, Clare. You are the first I have ever truly met.” He decided to let her know in hopes that it could help the conversation if he decided to ask odd questions about the way she acted.

Clare’s question was a bit unanticipated. Since he had failed at killing the Alpha of Cour des Miracles, no one had asked him about his purpose for coming to the territory. Before he had tried, people questioning him usually got a defensive and elusive answer that was false and bared little information on Jaden’s literal intentions. What should he tell her? It no longer mattered if people knew what he was sent here to do because he had failed and been surprisingly spared of retaliation. Yet, why tell others he was a trained killer? Such a fact usually inspired people to avoid or mistrust the wolf. Since he had renounced that life there was no need to pretend he meant good. “I came here to meet a friend, but ended up being unable to find him,” Jaden lied the same way he had to Conor, “Now I don’t have anywhere to call home, so I am a wanderer just like you.”

The sort to be in a pack? Jaden wondered about this for a moment. He had given joining a pack some thought, but which one to chose was difficult. He hadn’t met Phoenix Valley, or Crimson dreams wolves yet, and most others had at least one person or more in them who had fought with Jaden. The only hospitable one for him now was Dahlia de Mia. “I have been thinking of giving pack life a try though. Do you know a particular pack that has shown you kindness? One you wouldn’t mind being an ally to? Or are you the type to say no to an alliance with ‘dogs’?”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread