[m] I'm wondering when will my life begin?
((Sorry if this comes across slightly awkward. LOL "poem" by me, inspired by Coda by Marilyn Hacker.. wc 400+.))

[html]
WARNING This thread contains: graphic sexual content, graphic violence, or extremely offensive material starting with the #th post. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

Liam was off wandering again. The father was at ease with that. He sat on his front porch on a fur he'd skinned when he'd first starting shifting in the souls lands. He'd done it at the time to get Liam used to wolves on two feet. The boy had been very curious at first, then had gotten used to it. Now Tal used his shifted from constantly. It actually irritated him to shift down because he lost the ability to write, and he lost the use of his thumbs. But on two feet he had those abilities.

He sat, now, on his fur on his porch, writing in his journal. It was just general ramblings, plans for his future, and memories of his past. Dreams of his mother were written down, as were the nightmares about Lucifer and Azza. Fears and hopes for Liam went into his journal as well. Regrets about Brighid and Liadain joined the scrawlings. He sat for a moment longer, then began adding a simple poem. One line at a time, the poem fleshed itself out, the words being drawn from somewhere deep inside.

Did you love well what very soon you lost?
This dream she held in her hands drew me deeper into her world
Where black butterflies entwined with flames dancing across her vision.
Deep blue sky met with darkest blood in her dreams
Come home, and take away this heartache.

Her nightmares were my own,
My dreams were her salvation.
And nothing could stop them,
nothing stopped the winter drifting dark across our windows.
Never so bereft....

I drank of her bitterness, and she stole my hopes.
Her dark angel swooped in and stole it all away,
in a single night the flames consumed our lives.

The only gift I gave is what I cried.
The only flood was my regrets.
Who wants to know how it feels to have lost so much so young?

We don't.
We don't care.
We are those who have lost and yet are to be found.
We dance with her butterflies in the dark.
We are the flames that have consumed all,
and in consuming all have burned ourselves to ashes.

Tal stared at the words, wondering for a moment where they surfaced from, what deeper part of himself had given his heart to Kira, knowing that her insanity would be his end. He sighed, setting aside the notebook and leaning back against the house, the sun shining down warming his feet. He laced his hands behind his neck and waited for whatever was coming.

Messages In This Thread