[m] I'm wondering when will my life begin?
((WC 3+))

The other male had such an interesting voice. Batholomew Cubbins, the painter. Tal gave an easy smile, his tail wagging. Why did he come back? "This is where I grew up. Figured it would be best for my son. His mother died back in Michigan." Every time he told it, the lie came easier to his lips. Kira wasn't dead, but she might as well be. The woman who'd mothered his son would never find him here, and even if she did, it was fine. It was Liam's half brother the male didn't want to find them. Azza had murdered the rest of Liam's siblings. Tal didn't want to loose Liam too.

Did he have family here? "My brother Noah is in Phoenix Valley. My mom helped found it before she left. She's back in Michigan, found herself a pack away from the coyotes that she fears. My dad?" He paused, and then spoke again softly. "My dad is dead."

Okay, so Lucifer wasn't dead. The male's body was still up and walking at least, but the dad Tal and Noah grew up with, the one who'd loved Deuce so much, was dead. He'd been replaced by a rapist bastard. The male lifted a hand and scratched his pierced ear idly. The piercings were thanks to Lucifer, his way of marking Tal as belonging to him. Tal hated the male who'd sired him. He had vowed to never refer to Lucifer as dad or father again. As he said, his dad was dead, to him at least.

"What about you? Your family here or back in Los Angeles?" He found himself growing more complacent with the male next to him, and was almost surprised to realize he was feeling physically attracted to him even. Tal had never given the thought of sleeping with a male any consideration until Lucifer had forced it on him. Now Tal found himself eyeing every male who walked by, wondering how they would feel against him. It was strange to him, that he was so strongly attracted to males after what had been done. He didn't know it was a common coping mechanism of the sexually abused.

Messages In This Thread