she's got you high
[html]

Weird post! Sorry I responded so quickly. xD I'm low on Sage-threads, I guess. WC: 381

Perhaps Sage didn't have a good reason for being unafraid of the stranger, but her instincts told her that, while certainly odd, he was not an inherently bad creature. Those, she had become fairly good at noticing, and she certainly avoided them when possible. This man, though, was one of few who had really piqued her interest since her return to these lands. There was something about him that she just couldn't pinpoint. And being the sometimes dangerously curious Lykoi that she was, Sage just had to know more. He was a hunter, yes, but what else? What was behind those reptilian eyes?

She seated herself on the ground beside him, able to smell the Sirius offered her a chunk of crispy meat, which she gladly took between gentle fingers. She sniffed it once-- it smelled so good-- before sinking her own still-white teeth into the meat. It was juicy and tender; cooked just right. Mirroring his action, her own tongue darted out to collect the juice spilling into her fur; she wasn't afraid of it lingering there, but she wanted to savor every bite of this meal made by the stranger. Some of Inferni may have scolded her for eating with an outsider like himself, but she was unafraid of the meal; it did not taste wrong or tainted, and he was eating it, too, after all.

He posed another question while her mouth was filled with rabbit. She quickly chewed and swallowed it, offering a shrug and a vague smile as an answer. Fear was relative; she was trying to overcome it. Fear the unknown, he suggested, but she shook her head lightly. No, why would she do that? "It's useless." She replied simply. "There is so much unknown; I don't want fear to own me, Sirius. What kind of life would that be?" She added, taking another bite and smiling through her closed, chewing mouth. A life of fear was certainly not one that she wanted to lead. "No; I embrace the unknown. I even search for it, sometimes." Her bright tone was not ignorant; she knew the dangers, but chose to overcome them instead of hiding from them. Life was filled with obstacles, and she was ready to overcome them all, no matter what it took.

<style type="text/css">
.sagefreeb1a b {font-weight:bold; color:#b6d0cf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.sagefreeb1a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#374d49; text-align:center;}
.sagefreeb1a p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sagefreeb1a {margin:0 auto; width:508px; background-color:#56aa9e; background-image:url(http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h37 ... ykoi01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #c5e1db; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#374d49; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:left;}
.sagefreeb1a-border1 {width:512px; border:1px solid #374d49; margin:0 auto;}
.sagefreeb1a-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #548085; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread