give up the ghosts
ooc- Tis fine, fits my time schedule. Smile love the table.. I like seeing tables with the characters in it.. I've been tempted to do one for Isk...

IC-- She hadn't meant to get her paws wet but there was nothing she could do about it now. Looking at the mud that clung to her forelegs she lifted one paw up and flicked the mud off as she watched her reflection slowly disappear in the murky cloud that overtook the clear water before her. Taking a moment to get most of the muck off her other paw she moved back a few feet from the edge of the stream and suddenly halted. Raising her eyes up from the view of the stream she caught sight of a figure basking on the stream bank about the same time that his scent hit her. Laruku! The words had been out of her maw before she could stop herself. How in the world she hadn't caught his scent the moment she entered the area she didn't know, but that didn't matter now.

She was slightly surprised at the sudden relief that had coursed through her veins at seeming the tattered tawny figure laying there on the bank. She wasn't for sure if he was alive to begin with, but after a second she caught sight of his ribcage rising and falling. Quietly she moved off the bank and walked towards him, calling out again, softly this time. 'Ruku... A name she hadn't called him in forever, the last time she'd gotten an ear tattered and shredded for it. She shouldn't be surprised if the same result happened again, but that didn't stop her still.

Moving forward another step she felt her breath catch in her throat as she studied him, her eyes troubled at the sight of her cousin and one time leader. He looked so.. pitiful, almost like all the children and strays she'd taken in over the years. She wanted to say something, speak outloud about it.. but she knew she probably looked the same, her heart was beaten and broken, she probably looked the way she felt too... atleast, she felt that was how she looked.

Messages In This Thread