give up the ghosts
[html]

He's Sad-duhr? Which makes him sound retarded...

She couldn't help it but she returned that stupid ghostly smile to Laruku when he gave it. All distant and hollow as it might be, atleast it was a smile. She wasn't sure what she thought of the strange cousin anymore, he'd been there so long there wasn't any reason to think on it. Good ol' reliable Laruku would man the packlands while everyone ran off looking for their dreams. He'd live the shallow halflife while everyone else was the life of the party, atleast that's what it seemed like nowadays. When he agreed with her she shrugged at the words, thinking about how he had always been there. Finally she spoke up, "Yeah.. but there's worse things I guess..." she said truthfully. There was a lot worse, she couldn't think of any right now, but she knew there were....

She watched as Laruku went back to stream gazing as she went on. He'd told her about Magdalena, she wished she'd asked the last time they'd met, but she hadn't. She couldn't blame Laruku for what he didn't know, and she wasn't about to anyways. She nodded, obviously to herself since Laruku was busy gazing at the beauties a reflection in the water held. Finally she spoke, her voice a little bitter at hearing what Phoenix had said to Laruku. "My mate was wrong. He never could believe there was anything good in DaVinci. Firefly followed DaVinci when he came to tell her goodbye. I did find them. I fould them all.. They sailed off across the sea just because they wanted to see where it would take them. They'll come home.. um..back though....."
She stumbled over the last words because she'd realized too late that there was no home left to go back to.

She sighed and shook her head before looking back to the remains of her cousin before her. "Have you.. found anyplace for yourself yet?..." she asked after a moment of silence, remembering a discussion they'd had so long ago. Quietly she let the last words fall, "You're free now.." free from everything that had been laid upon his shoulders, free from their old pack, their family, their own past lifes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread