give up the ghosts
[html]

Crap, I never realized you replied, sorry!

She watched him for a while longer as he seemed lost in his own world, she shook her head sadly as those pitiful confused words were uttered. She hadn't realized how he'd been forced into his life so much after her mother had died. Groomed to be the next big thing, and yet he hadn't wanted to be. She looked off in the distance as she wondered if her mother had wanted to see Kiriska in her wayward son. "I don't know...you've been out there before..." She said softly, she didn't have answers for him.. she wished that he didn't seem so fragile though, it was like the softest breeze could blow him away.

She stopped wondering about his current state for a moment as she turned back in time to where she was so tempted to run off into the distance and make something of herself. What a failure that had been she thought as she sighed and looked back to him. She moved closer to him until she was resting right beside her cousin, gazing down into the water at his reflection while she pondered the question he'd given her. At last she answered honestly. "I'm.. wherever I want to be, If I don't like where I am I can move on...." She knew that she wouldn't go far because of her children, but she wasn't held to any packlands right now and there was no demand for her to be something she wasn't or do everything in the interest of the pack. She was more relaxed in her own skin than she'd been for a long while..

Shaking her head as she cleared out the thoughts of herself she reverted back to the first question. She smirked at him before she answered, swishing her tail to sway him across the nose as she chuckled at her own memories. "You could go looking for burnt out cabins..." as she said the words she turned her gaze away from him innocently, flicking her tail back and forth as she hummed softly. "Someone once sent me looking for ruins once.. I think it did me good.." She never told him that she had gone looking for that cabin so long ago and had realized why he'd suggested it. She turned to peer at him out of the corner of her eye as she smiled a crooked little smile. She had been fighting forever to run off from their birthlands, and Laruku had oddly enough given her the courage to find out what was beyond their world. She wondered if he ever knew that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread