give up the ghosts
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom center; color: #B2AD83; border: 2px solid #C0C0C0; outline: 2px solid #191007; padding-bottom: 70px;">

If they existed already for their kind, Laruku might have been put in some sort of nursing home. He would turn four in a few months, but while that wasn't very old at all considering the Luperci lifespan, he carried those few years like anvils, awful weights that crushed him to the ground. His memory was scattered and recollections came in random bursts. Rarely could he remember exactly what he'd done the day before, or what he'd said, or who he'd seen. His mind was tired, and he didn't want to think. Whether the problems were perpetuated by his lack of want of it was up to debate, but it really was just a vicious cycle of allowing himself to degrade and fall apart into nothing. Tattered and torn, he was past his prime. Now, he was just a stray waiting for a pound to pick him up and put him down.

The hybrid absorbed his cousin's words but took his time meandering through the slipstream of thoughts that floated almost unwillingly in the back of his head. Out there? Out where? He had been less than four months old when Acid had led him away from home and less than four months old when he'd abandoned him. Those memories had stopped being important to him years ago, and he'd started to lose the details of the mountain slopes and pastures long before the monster had sprung from his skull. Teimines, the cabin he'd burned, and all of the bitterness he'd felt for his continuous abandonment... Those feelings were gone. They were so far away now that they might not have existed at all. There was nothing he wanted to salvage there.

I've got nothing to be looking for out there, he told Iskata, There's nothing there for me. Truly, there was nothing for him where he lied. The pack and the territories had been the last real obligations and attachments he'd had. Gabriel had raised his children, and now they were near-grown anyway. There was nothing else. There's no difference between here and 'out there.' The finality of it all was easy to accept.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread