give up the ghosts
She sat beside him watching the ripples of the water as she flicked pebbles into the stream. Short little bursts before the current absorbed them and they were swallowed up, just like their lives. She stopped her steady feed of pebbles into the water as Laruku spoke up, she could feel a bit of annoyance grow inside her as he kept pulling on the existence of nothing. There was a pause of silence that was broken by the call of a mocking bird before she turned to gaze at him. "Do you want to be forgotten? Do you want to be alone and lonely? You know that's not the way it's suppose to be, why do you fight so hard to fade away?" Her words were soft spoken but there was a flash of anger in her eyes. She didn't want to give up on him, she didn't want to know another life had faded into the mists never to be seen again. She wanted him here in the flesh and blood, she wanted to see him with life in his veins again and she didn't know how to find that man anymore.

Shaking her head at his words she sighed, "Yes, we can all take care of ourselves..." the words were nothing, the truth but so bland. Trying to meet her cousin's eyes seemed impossible, finally she just burst out. "Laruku look at me!" she could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she stared at the male, a crease of worry on her brow as her heart slowed. "It's not that there's nothing I can do for you.. you're just too selfish to be cared for, to be wanted..." She bit her lip as she finally turned away from him. "I worry about you.. because once.. " her words seemed to fade away as she finished speaking. "..you were alive..." She knew it was stupid trying so hard to find a reason to stop him from walking down this crumbling path he was on, but once he seemed real, and now he was like dust in the wind.

Messages In This Thread