we last because we're colorful
[html]
wordcount :: 3+

She could sense Zeke watching on, and knew her pupil to be very attached to these strange feathered creatures that had proven themselves capable of far-reached intellect. Her mind bloomed to all of the strange possibilities this odd interaction had provided, and never again would the Winter's woman so easy brush off the beady stare of one of the black-winged kin.

The one titled Zola seemed far more inquisitive into this new canis subspecies than his brother, who remained a baleful lurch far from reach. Alaine's shamrock green gaze darted swiftly between the three perched creatures; The two birds and the wary coyote hybrid, who she had startled with as much suddenness as this newest avian revelation had startled her. This was a good thing - Best to keep Zeke on his toes around his mentor. She didn't want his intelligent mind to ever become bored in her presence.

The Raven, Zola, spoke again - The harsh, croaky voice that creaked around the high-speech words, rusty but legible. Fascinated beyond description, the collie woman watched him with bright eyes, her lean and neatly curved body tensed in interest. The bird revealed Zeke to be their teacher, and by this, Alaine assumed that her talented student had been the one to teach them the language of their canine superiors. Floppy ears perked, and swollen pupils lifted to the tan and cream male, sweetened by a quick and excited grin. But Zola had not finished speaking yet, and she listened to the rest of the corvus' words intently, deciphering the strange accent within her own mind.

It pleased her, strangely enough, to think that the bird was interested in her - Interested in the language of her heart. Thanking Ezekiel for his role as translator with another pretty smile, she replied, consciously slowing her words to make the Celtic accented tone more easily understood. "I called him Badb. It was silly of me, but he reminded me of a King I was told about as a, erm... A hatchling? Anyway, the King was said to have a strong connection to your ancestors, and mine." Lyrical tone swelled forth easily, but not wanting to babble, she trailed off. It had been a long time since Alaine had thought of the stories of her childhood, and she was both relieved and somewhat alarmed to know that they lingered still, so close on her tongue to being voiced.

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

OOC Ending
Ibsen proceeds to be a dick in regards to Alaine's story, which prompts her to explain a little more about it. Zola, finding this interesting, continues to ask her about it. His brother makes several snide comments that Ezekiel makes faces at, but seeing Zola's interest in Alaine the coyote suggests that he go with her to learn more. The raven agrees to do so, though Ibsen insists he returns often to tell him all about it.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread