Seek and you will find
[html]
hear me out now

Coding©Sie - Word Count: 355

Awww, Denver hates on CdM... he's such a jerk. *waves CdM pride flag* ; ;

you're gunna listen to me like it or not

Icy blue eyes roamed the landscape as the younger, taller boy tried to convince Denver that there was plenty to be seen and indulged in here. Really? The ivory mutt didn't believe it. There was a lot of grass and some trees here and there, maybe some water, but great, what did that offer him? He couldn't drink the salty sea water, and besides the plentiful game that the plains and forest provided, he could not find much worth in it. He desired more. He waved a dismissive hand at the boy telling him about the pretty scenery. Denver didn't care much for that; he desired a true Kingdom, or the closest he could find. So far, he'd been unimpressed.

"A kingdom." He said bluntly. That was all he wanted; a place for royalty, like he was. Somewhere that would give him purpose. That was what he meant. Denver took a deep breath, relaxing his intense questioning of the kid as the stranger revealed the name of his home. Crimson Dreams. A place for family.

Family, Denver thought, chuckling hollowly to himself. He didn't have any of that, not anymore. They may as well have been dead to him. A darkness fell over his icy eyes, frowning. "I don't think that'd suit me much; I don't have a family." He wouldn't want to be somewhere where he felt so excluded; where everyone else was related but him. No, he needed a true home, a place where he felt content. So far, this new place had left him in more unrest. He had been disappointed, and he hated that.

"'M Denver," he grunted into the breeze, "Denver Mathis. I came 'ere from Virginia. Now, I'm stayin' over there," he said, vaguely motioning towards Cours des Miracles, "but it ain't the place I was lookin' for, I don't think." It wasn't as grand, and it was more of an orphanage for all ages than anything. A refuge, a safe haven. But Denver was not a refugee, nor did he need saving. Squinting, curious eyes turned to the stranger, posing the same question of him. "'N who're you?"

<style>
.DM1 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:10px;}
.DM1 b {color:#6f2824;}
.DM1-b {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.DM1 a:link, .Alaki-grave a:visited {
color:#6f2824; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold; }
.DM1 a:hover, .Alaki-grave a:active {
color:#6f2824; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; }
.DM1-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#6f2824; text-shadow:#6f2824 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.DM1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; color:#4d4d4d;}
.DM1 {background-color:#898883; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5633/74941753.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 203px 0px; } </style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread