A muted sun rising
[html]

Sorry for taking so long >.<

Ammet followed diligently, his stride just as eager as it was necessary. The snow made a soft crunching noise beneath his feet as he closed the distance between the pair, the footsteps punctuated by the sound of claw on pavement. It was nice to have someone’s name; it was the sign of a sort of intimacy. Someone with a name could be a friend, foe, or even a lover. Someone with a name could be cared about and remembered.

The wind that struck Mabu gave little warning before following through to the jackal. His cloak was forced from his grip and ice embraced his frail form; without the cloak it was apparent exactly how frail that form was. His clothes were indeed sewn by hand, but not very well. Some of the stitching had frayed and opened a hole and the material hung off of him as though the outfit belonged to his father. The vest (if it could be called that) was the only thing to even remotely fit him, and even that was not adequate for the winters of Nova Scotia. The wind was keeping its promise, and Ammet was forced to shiver again as icy needles groped his innards.

If necessary he would hide from the abominable wind in the shed, but he was not fond of the idea. Sheds were cramped, sheds were dirty, and sheds were suited for far better things than resting in. A shed meant to cushions or mattress, no blanket, plenty of dust if Mabu was to be believed. Though that would be one benefit to resting in the shed, resting in it with Mabu; she seemed kind, caring, and trustworthy. Any girl willing to put Ammet up for a little while without trying to hurt him was always good. Quickly it dawned on Ammet to introduce himself to the female.

“My name is Ka Ammet.” His stilted language only augmented his accent. “I came here myself, from the ocean.” Talking did for the chest what walking did for the bones, and it was always nice to have someone’s name. “Where are you from?" Though the wise thing would be to wait for the shed, the jackal was not feeling very wise at the moment. He hoped they were close, however.

<style>
.kaammet-42811 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.kaammet-42811-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:12px 65px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#4a0205; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 5px;}
.kaammet-42811 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kaammet-42811 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.kaammet-42811 {background-color:#6d2e0b; background-image:url(http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... round2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: papyrus, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#c6c0b2; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.kaammet-42811-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.kaammet-42811 .ft-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9e7732; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread