You're just an empty cage if you kill the bird
[html]

The next moment it became all too apparent that things weren't going to be as straightforward as her soaring heart had thought, and said heart plummeted again, leaving her eyes which had been bright and elated, opaque. Caspa looked the girl up and down, muscles bunching in her neck. It wasn't exactly that she was having murderous thoughts. It was just that she was so intent on getting her pendant back, that it couldn't help but spring to mind possible short-cuts to this end. Of course there was no way she would ever lay a finger on the girl. Her moral code absolutely forbade touching an innocent, and petty theft wasn't one of Caspa's list of irredeemable crimes. Besides which, the girl hadn't even stolen it, not yet. She'd just picked it up off the ground. Caspa took a few deep breaths. Surely this would all be worked out quite easily when it became clear it was a simple misunderstanding. There was a defiance in the girl's eyes that worried her though. "Caspa. Your name? And my pendant," she demanded, hackles up. No, far too blunt, more tact required, more reasoning. "I've had it my entire life and I dropped it this morning. You only just found it, didn't you? So you must see it isn't really yours."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread