You're just an empty cage if you kill the bird
[html]

To her great relief, it seemed that the words of reason had been enough. The necklace tinkled to the floor, and Caspa didn't waste a second in swooping to scoop it up. She turned away a little disdainfully from the girl as she re-attached the fastening around her long neck, disapproving of the disrespect to her only significant possession. She showed nothing on hearing the name of Takekuro, but realised that was why she was familiar-looking. It was her - father, uncle, brother? who had greeted Caspa at the borders. "Takekuro. I know your father," she hedged. The family resemblance was probably too strong for it to be anything else.

This realisation, and the safe return of her necklace, was enough to mellow Caspa out considerably, enough to give Magnolia a sidelong look and a stiff, but informative explanation. "A bird in flight. It means to be free, and brings peace." Her peripheral vision kept catching little sparkles and flashes of adornments from Magnolia's direction. "Now you have seen mine, can I see yours?" she asked, vaguely curious to know a little more about this although irritating, certainly interesting packmate.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread