Out
[html]

Word Count → 598
Thank you for giving him tobacco! Really helped me boost my posting muse; I just love writing about my characters in situations like this. This is a decent post.

She was right about the fact that being a loner served no purpose. Darkness was a social canine and he knew it; he was just a natural explorer and his curiosity made him want to travel; it outdid any need to talk with others. Besides, if he started to like this place, he might try to hear some information on the different packs; maybe, just maybe, he might settle in with one of them. Who knew what the future held, though? He had enough trouble trying to think about his past. Besides, getting around this entire land was going to take a while, and it was virtually useless trying to think of what would happen to him even after that. Like the simple dogs that had lived years before him and years before Luperci, Darkness was the type of canine who lived in the moment, and at this moment nothing could change that.

His thoughts were interrupted by an offering: a strange yellow and white thing, which was smoking at one end. He didn't want to decline the offer; it was the nicest thing she had done for him - no, the only thing she had done for him - since they had met and he felt it would be rude to object. He remembered seeing a few Luperci walking around with this thing in their mouths; was he supposed to use it to breathe or something? Why would someone want to stick something in their jaws that was on fire? Besides, it smelled bad. Still, he wasn't going to argue; with a shrug, he took it silently, and stuck it in his mouth, sticking it in the side and biting down on it.

He took in one breath and he had to fight back a dozen coughs. He felt like he was choking on fire. Why had he put this thing in his mouth in the first place? Instantly he tore it out, a bit forcefully, and let out a few strangled coughs. He acted like he was going to put it in his satchel, speaking to try to avert Io's attention from the infernal burning... thing. "Um, I'm s-sorry, did you ask me something?" He spoke slowly for once, making him sound even more stupid, but he just wanted to keep her attention away from the fact that he was trying to get the thing to stop burning, burning out itself and his nose.

Keeping his gaze mostly on her, glancing down every so often, he was fumbling around in his satchel, trying to get it open, shove the smoking stick in his jar, and shut the lid; he had heard that a fire that wasn't exposed to air would stop burning, and as long as it didn't burn his jar and his satchel he would do anything to make it go out. He was making quite a bit of noise in the process, so he kept talking, raising his voice. "Um, uh, where I came from? Oh, er, I really don't know. S-See, I got hit by a plan-plank of wo-wood, and, uh, um, I, er, kinda just lost my me-memory, and..." He dragged out the last word; having finally got his jar open successfully, he threw the smoking stick inside, slammed the lid shut, gave it a quick but firm twist, and retreated his hands, giving his satchel one final slap to close it.

Then his hands were at his side, and he let out a shaky sigh. "You were saying?" As if he thought she hadn't seen anything that he had just done.

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-03 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-03 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-03 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread