it's hard with such a history
[html]

Table by Sie
Wordcount:: --

There was a pause, as his words lingered on empty air, and acidic green meshed with bleeding ruby. Then the boy's words spilled out to break the hollow silence, and for a moment Sirius seemed to have not heard them.

Then, surprisingly, he laughed. The sound was rich and rare, molten chocolate to the waiting ears - Stranger still, it was genuine, and that keen and hungry glint to his gaze became vibrant with the cold flash of mirth. It had been foolish of him to use such pretty words, to waste such breath, on an individual who could sear through it like warm flesh. In retrospect, perhaps it had been necessary; They were both highly intelligent beings, for different reasons. But as the final chuckles that spilled from his elegant maw ebbed out into the darkness, the Revlis man regarded the boy with narrowed pupils. "Yes," His tone did not echo the previous jollity, but was brisk, businesslike. "I have chosen you, for you are wasted here. I know your potential, and I can offer it to you." There was a dark and sinful promise to the man's words, but without hesitating, he rose to his feet. The dismembered hare was taken in one hand, and the snare dropped casually to the ground at his feet.

He had no further use for it.

"Times are changing, boy. The choice is now yours." And with that, he turned and stalked off into the gloom, leaving the golden sinner and his silver songbird to the silence of the caves.

<style>
.siri-201 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.siri-201 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.siri-201 b {color:#A8C1EC; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.siri-201 {background-color:#314E7E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/sirius.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0B1627; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:125px 0px 10px 0px; }
.siri-201-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread