Never stopped to look at what's behind
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.malachi b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac4243; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.malachi p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.malachi {width:400px;border:1px dashed #ac4243;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... alachi.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:235px;background-color:#a8b0a5;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2a3e27;}
</style>

I know that, she looked up at him in the previous post ;o Also, I curse myself for making longer posts here than I have been on my other characters as of late :d

The heavy breathing continued, followed by the frantic shuffling around the male and upturning objects that a pup could never hide under; but in that moment, Malachi would have been willing to search rat nests in the ground if it meant Eclipse could be returned safely to her. Over the course of time that she rescued the pup from the dangerous throes of the river, Mala felt an overwhelming sense of care and responsibility overcome her. Somehow, she believed the contact with both fears at once, all those weeks ago was a sign - a sign to take the pup in under her gigantic arm until she was old enough to find her own path. And now, she was lost.

She could barely hear Shawchert over her own cries of distress into the moist air, but he was right. No matter was insane, morbid thoughts that was now crossing the grizzly beast's mind, Shaw was right. She did need to take a deep breath and relax. Her large body simply plopped heavily, almost helplessly, onto the earth, closing her eyes and shaking her head. "Th-that's.. where we c-came from.." Mala choked out, sucking in air as if she could pull the pup back to her from thin air. "I've l-looked everywhere." The tone of her voice was laced with defeat, opening her eyes once again to look up at her friend.

A few moments passed in silence as Malachi attempted to regulate her breathing again, a whimper or two occasionally escaping her shaggy throat. When her breathing was somewhat even, she observed the male whom she hadn't seen in some time, and Malachi noticed, as Shaw hung his head, how this reunion was as unhappy for her as it was for him. She sensed his sadness, and a small smile crossed her cream colored muzzle, in attempts to lighten the mood if only for a few moments.

"It's nice to see you again, oqoti, she stated. "How have you been? How's the pack doing, and Skye and Orin for that matter?" It had dawned on the grizzly female that she hadn't visited Shaw nor the pack since the first signs of winter approached, and had forgotten to ask how Skye had been when she found Malachi holed-up in her den moons ago. When this whole ordeal was over, she'd be sure to thank and apologize to her red-haired friend when she saw her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread