I'm here and I'm sorry
The man stood idly, wondering how much had gone on since he had left. Maybe everything would be as he had left it but he had a sinking feeling in his heart that things had changed. His horse stamped around in a nervous fashion as if someone approached be Saluce heard no one. To worry about what he’d say to Conor when he arrived. The last time he had left he had practically been demoted all the way down the ranks if he hadn’t been able to smooth things over then. He hoped he’d be welcomed in, but he was suspicious that this time he wouldn’t be so lucky. He’d probably have to go find another pack to call home if Conor’s mood was as ill as it was last time.

But it wasn’t Conor that greeted him, he smelt her form before he heard or saw her, and the lithe woman, whom he had trained what seemed so long ago came into view before him. No welcoming hello greeted him, no smile, just the knowledge that the person he thought he had called for was gone. The news struck him rather hard; words didn’t seem to come back in response either, he stood there looking across at his former pupil with a look of astonishment across his face. Had nayru been here really all alone to keep the pack together, had it really gotten that bad? Instantly his mind set to work on all the possible outcomes but it was no use, his eyes fell on her face again, no words seemingly needed for the moment as a look of sadness overcame him. The man instantly wanted to lift her up in a hug, knowing how upset she had been with him last time for leaving, but something kept him from doing so. No if Conor had left and Nayru had answered his call that meant she was in charge, and that hardly surprised him.

Finally he seemed to find some words, but he wasn’t happy with them. “Not being able to remember you put a scar on my soul” he spoke, referencing his injury. Unsure if she was even aware of what had happened to him. “I’m sorry for leaving” he spoke again at the doorstep to Dahlia. He didn’t offer any physical sign of submission, since she offered no physical sign of dominance but in his words it was written clearly.

Messages In This Thread