I'm here and I'm sorry
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... erries.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:325px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

The astonishment that tainted the man's face did not phase her, rather it pleased her. That such simple words could shake him the way his call had shaken her was comforting, even if nothing else about his massive presence was. Was it Conor's absence that surprised him so? Or was it that she, fairy child of Dahlia de Mai, still stood tall despite that absence? It did not matter, Nayru did not let and hint of the derived pleasure seep into her face, her ruby eyes stayed glued to him, eye lids never flickering, the constant stare never faltering. Not even when his words, cryptic but so sweet, floated forward and greeted her with genuine remorse.

Don't offer me any apologies. The pointed words formed in a mouth that did not open to allow them out. Conor's abandonment had hurt more than she ever showed anyone, but Saluce's had hurt even more. It had come first and there had been no good bye. There one day and gone the next. No explanation. Even Conor had an explanation, as pathetic and empty as it had been. Yet to voice such unhappiness wasn't an option. Before she would have openly expressed these emotions, as she had once before. Showed him how angry his turning his back on Dahlia de Mai made her, how alone she felt to have all of Dahlia de Mai depending on her so suddenly. Yet it was no longer his privilege to see into her heart, so she swallowed down the words that would expose herself to him.

The words that did come came flatly. I don't understand. It was simple and true. His words confused her, but it was more than that. As if stating a useless fact, such as the color of the sky, her words came, devoid of any emotional tones or traces of feeling. I don't understand why you left and I don't understand why you came back. And then a pause and she was all business. Queen of Dahlia de Mai, the gatekeeper, and it was her duty to ask these questions. What do you want with Dahlia? Why are you here? Why are you here? Why are you here?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread