I'm here and I'm sorry
The way she treated him hurt him more then he realized. Mistakes where something he had made, even if he didn’t realize it when he left, and now he got the generalized answer. The man stood taller for a moment or two but if he had changed he didn’t realize it, the only change he saw was dahlia and whether or not it was still his home. Saluce had left once under his own direction, and it was Nayru who had brought him back, now he was here at the doorstep wanting her to say anything and he was given only the sign above the door.

The man didn’t answer her question he just sighed and mounted his horse. If this was how it would be he’d find another home or wander along on his own lonely road. Saluce didn’t need Dahlia to protect him, nor was he some sick, tired or poor individual. Maybe sick to some degree but not poor or tired. The horse slowly turned in disgust as the exchange obviously not happy with how things had gone.

“I’m not some stray, and I will not be treated as such.” It was the first time his more assertive tone was used, she was alien to him now and he couldn’t bear to look at her anymore.

Messages In This Thread