I'll be the last to know your name
WC: 320. And it's fine! I didn't acknowledge it in this post, but will in the next! Hybrid is kind of zoned out in his thoughts.

He didn't understand their desire to bother him. The girl thought he was miserable. If anything, this was humourously far from the truth. He said what he meant and acted as he felt. He didn't bother to feel one thing and say another, as Ezekiel, Talitha, and probably even this female did. Talitha had said she didn't care what Hybrid thought, but he had recognized some sort of hunger for approval in the girl. Whatever it had been, she did care. He just didn't know why. This girl, too, was the same. She wouldn't be here reprimanding him if she didn't honestly care. He did not know her motivations and he did not know for whom she cared, be it herself or he, but he recognized a desire to care. It disturbed him in an inexplicable way.

When she spoke again, Hybrid found himself growing annoyed with himself. Why was he even here? He supposed he could try to outrun her, but that was cowardly and she would eventually find him sometime in the future. If he didn't make it abundantly clear that he did not want to be associated with her, she would just keep trying to talk to him.

"I am not miserable. Solitude, discipline, regiment, and training are fine company for me. Women are..." he began, but then sneered. How could he explain a female's flaws to a female? One of their flaws was their horrible ability to dramatize everything, as she was doing now. It would be a little coincidental if he tried to explain that, wouldn't it? He knew who he was, what he liked, and what he wanted. He did not see why she demanded he change that. "I lead my life the way I choose. It's not your business to start dicking around." Perhaps that would be simple enough for her to understand.

Messages In This Thread