"Fake Post"
OOC:
Aww, no! The admins are usually lenient as long as your writing is coherent (which yours certainly is) and I think perhaps you just got a bit swept up in the shuffle. :3 All of the joining procedures were changed over recently, so there was a bit of a scramble in getting that set up as well as this Mentorship stuff. ^^ Thank you again for your patience. Hehe. Big Grin Sorry for the delay here, as well. ^^

IC:
Enlil generally wasn't one for much movement and shifting around as he sat, but he too felt a stiffness in his haunches. Perhaps even goaded by Lunatoke's restlessness, he too readjusted himself into a more comfortable position, going so far as to shake his head a few times. The thick fur around his neck shifted and fluffed with his movement, sending a few stray hairs floating into the air. He stopped quickly and looked at her as she inquired on cold weather, and the russet-shaded male looked thoughtful for a moment. She nudged at him in the interim and he smiled, surprised and warmed by the affectionate gesture. His tail thumped a few happy notes against the ground, and he smiled again. Enlil was glad to have her company; it was good to meet someone so warm and friendly. He didn't appreciate aggression much at all, after all -- what creature did?

"Cold isn't so bad, I don't think. It makes it harder to hunt, and you don't want to be outside in a blizzard, but winter isn't anything to worry about if you're prepared for it. You can bury food under the ground and save it for later -- it doesn't go bad with the cold, you know?" he suggested. "Shedding your coat is never fun, though, you're right," he said, batting his paw at a stray tuft of hair that had detached itself rather unceremoniously from his pelt when he'd shaken.

"I'm not sure what an Esparir berry is, though," he admitted, looking rather intrigued. He wondered if it might make him itch a little less. It wasn't quite unbearable, but relief would be nice -- perhaps Lunatoke might even teach him how to find them so he would know for next year, if he couldn't find her again. He glanced at her with his striking gold-yellow eyes, thinking he would like it quite a bit if she stuck around.

She answered his question honestly, and he nodded his tawny head as she spoke a few times, understanding her position quite well. His question was turned back around him, as he'd expected. Enlil considered for a moment, his face once again growing thoughtful as he considered his answer. "Well, I think I quite like your approach. I'll roam as a lone wolf for a while and see where I go. The summer will be easy to survive." He smiled at her easily again, the warm thing that spread slow like honey across his face.

"Come winter, though, I will think about a pack. Having a pack in winter is good," he said, looking at her with a strange glint in his eye. It was almost a stern look, though not quite there -- Enlil did not wish to pressure Lunatoke or anyone else regarding their life choices. He hoped she would think about these things and take them into consideration -- he was eager to see what he could find in this land. "I met a traveller or two on my way here -- they told me there were many packs here, and all of them worth investigating." Enlil failed to recognize that one of the travellers had been fully half-coyote, and was likely welcomed more openly by Inferni canines he ran into. Enlil and Lunatoke, both wolves, would not be so readily accepted in Inferni, though Enlil did not know this.

Messages In This Thread