Do New Starts = Good Beginnings?
[html]

Aslan sniffled as the woman let him into a shack. There was nothing he could do for his beloved anne. The lady said something would sting. He didn't think much of it but when his eye stung he understood. He whimpered but no tears came. His eye cleared up slightly but his sight was still tinted red. He had a feeling it may even be like that forever. What is his name? "Aslan Kurtis. My name comes from word lion. and Kurtis comes from wolf. What is you name?" His voice was choked up and wavery. There was a lump in his throat that threatened more tears. When the lady put a hand over her stomach Aslan guessed she must be pregnant. "My anne was going to birth babies." Aslan sniffled, he was looking forward to having brothers and sisters. He had never known his. They were killed by lions.

The lady spoke again and his ear flickered. She wanted to give him something. He looked at what it was. It was food, a piece of dried meat. This was something he hadn't had very many times. His food had alway been fresh and hot. There were many cooks where he was from. In fact when he was able to shift he wanted to be a chef. He took the meat in his jaws and gnawed on it a bit. 

He needed it more than her. "Why is that? I am sure the puppies inside you need food more than me." He spoke very practical. When she asked him a few questions he offered her a small smile. "I am from Turkieye... Er- Turkey. I was speaking Turkish. Aslan means lion in Turkish. My anne named my pack in Turkey was attacked by lions the night I was born. My mother and I were the only ones that survived.  She took me in her jaws and ran with me. She ran far away, to a dock. We could have gone through Europe without taking a boat, but the lions were chasing us and we had to get somewhere where they couldn't get us. My anne says she was very scared. She also says that I didn't complain once during the whole entire trip." He giggled, "She said all I did was try to open my eyes, and I did! The first night I was born. She said my eyes are always going to be blue be because I didn't give them time. She said she had never seen blue eyes before. She said blue eyes were bad though, blue eyes call the evil eye. The evil eye is bad. It is evil."

He giggled again, "Of course it's evil. In Turkiye no one gives compliments, or the evil eye comes and kills it. Evil eye wants everything beautiful. My mother said that blue eyes are beautiful.. and that's why no one in Turkiye has blue eyes. She said I was special though. She said I am lucky that I am not blind for opening my eyes so early." He breathed deeply, feeling better now that he was talking. Talking about his mother made it feel like she was just outside.

Aslan does. "Aslan speaks." Aslan thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.aslan-blood b {font-weight:bold; color:#b2a1a1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.aslan-blood .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#b2a1a1;}
.aslan-blood p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.aslan-blood {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#810e0a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AaUai.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #804140; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BFBFBF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread