A shadow amongst shadows
[html]

Sorry about not answering your question before, but yes. He is now Wink Words600+

Drizzt’s weapons were finely crafted in deed. The scimitars were beautiful and, like most long bladed weapons, made Jaden envious of the skill it took to use them. His custom made blades were a variation of weapons used commonly by his old pack. Because of this, he had practiced for a long time with similar weapons before acquiring his own set. But despite that, he always had a disadvantage to longer reaching blades. The scare on his chest had been from a brute wielding a rather large clamor. Such weapons simply over reached the wrist blades with their small foot long reach.

When Drizzt inquired about the moon blades locking mechanism and to how it worked, Jaden grinned. His mate had been quite the craftswoman to figure out how to make gauntlets that were also wrist blades. Jaden had sat and analyzed them for hours to understand his weapons fully. “As I didn’t build them, I can’t be sure I completely understand the way these weapons work.” He untied one of the semicircle blades from his shoulder strap and stepped toward Drizzt. There was some hesitation because he didn’t know if the other wolf would trust him that close with a blade. But he made sure not to attach it until he was close so as not to approach the other male with a working weapon. He then turned his arm and held it out for Drizzt to view. “But, You see the lip here?” Jaden indicated the c-shaped front of the gauntlet. “It slides perfectly into the one on its blade.” He said showing the blades connecting c-shaped end. The blade is basically a hollow fist guard with a center bar to grip while fighting. “As far as I can tell, once the blade is connected, I squeeze the blades inner grip,” Jaden demonstrated with three fingers. Two almost unnoticeable, but thick and strong cylinders pushed out of the connecting end and stood about an inch tall. “And those lock into holes in the gauntlets lip.” The Alaskan then slid the blade onto its gauntlet with a metallic sound. Squeezing the inner grip so they locked, he pulled on the blade to show it wouldn’t budge and offered it his arm for Drizzt’s analysis. “It is rather simple, but it works quite well.”
Jaden stood for a second so Drizzt could see the blades while the man asked another question. The question was one that would have instilled almost instant distrust for Drizzt in Jaden had he still been hunting Vigilante Haskel, but since he had discarded his life as an assassin the question was a bit puzzling to answer. Being very careful not to harm Drizzert, Jaden took his arm back and turned away from him. He turned his back and looked at the blade. He imagined all it would have been used for. Its earliest purpose had been to help kill innocents and coyotes who crossed Uva Atka. The beauty it held seemed ironic because of that. The former killer was quite for a few moments because he wasn’t sure how to answer Drizzt. “I haven’t ever really given what I used these weapons for a name.” He admitted. The truth was a bit dark, but there was no reason for him to hide it from this man any longer. With a sigh, he said, “I guess you could’ve called me an assassin. I didn’t kill for a price, but I did kill for reasons that were not my own.” Jaden was then silent again as he wondered how the stranger would take his confession. “But, I have decided to never kill for other people again.” He said reassuringly and turned back to face Drizzt. “It isn’t a life I want to live anymore.”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b6262; letter-spacing:1px}
.snowlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread