A shadow amongst shadows
[html]

Words~400

A tool. Drizzt’s last comment seemed to be less directed at Jaden but more like he was simply speaking what he was thinking, but it inspired some reflection within Jaden’s own mind nonetheless. Drizzt had been a tool, but is that what Jaden had truly been. A tool is innocent; someone being used for something they don’t understand and can’t control. Such a realization would relieve Jaden of so much guilt over what he had been, it might very well change the way he carried himself. But, it was not fact. Jaden had been no more of a tool than any other murderer. He very well could have refused to kill and just give his life. Not only that, but he had to admit to himself that he enjoyed the killing sometimes. What a feeling of power there was in taking the life of some worthless coyote! Once the blood lust set in, all seemed right. No, more than right, killing seemed natural. Like wolves were never meant to have a conscience and killing was just the way nature worked. Jaden’s mind didn’t get lost in the philosophy of the matter. He simply admitted to himself that he was formerly a willing killer and truly not a tool. It was a step toward forgiving himself, but for now he just put up the self preserving wall of ignorance and decided to feel guilty later.

Drizzt was definitely a wolf worth meeting. He seemed kind yet again as he complimented Jaden’s weaponry. He went even further as to say they were in similar situations. This was quite a surprise for the former assassin. He looked at Drizzt quizzically and wondered just how similar the two were. Their weapons were different, but what of it? Perhaps they carried similar burdens. Jaden hoped for the sake of Drizzt’s sanity they didn’t share to common of a past. “I guess I am much happier to be free as well.” Jaden said with a nod as Drizzt relaxed a bit. “But life seems to be lacking meaning lately. If we have similar situations Drizzt, hopefully you have a plan? I can’t seem to decide what to do.” The Alaskan didn’t inquire about the others past more then he already had. He didn’t like explaining his in depth so he figured this fine fellow would share the same want for privacy.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread