Can't Lose
[html]

^^ 346

It was not long before the man she had met previously greeted her. As before he was kind in his words and his welcoming smile set her more at ease, though if the woman was ill at ease it did not show in her face. Rising to meet him, Nayru left the heavy sack at her feet and bowed her head lowly to the man. With as kind and welcoming as he had been before, she wasn’t sure that such an elaborate display of submission was necessary, but with her current task at hand she felt it was fitting. Without moving garnet eyes to meet the man’s she spoke, her voice as ever low and sweet. “Greetings Shawchert, the pleasure is all mine.” And it certainly was. Nayru was simply pleased that the man had been the one to come greet her upon the borders, for had someone else answered the call this would not go as smoothly as she would have liked.

Lifting her eyes so she could gauge the man’s reactions, Nayru took a moment to decide just how to verbalize her thoughts. Images of Conor came and went and it only took that brief reminder of her mission for her to settle on the right words. “I come with news from your neighbor, Dahlia de Mai.” And did that matter at all to him? Events in the other packs happened without her knowledge, and she and the rest of Dahlia got along just fine. It was not the norm to stick their noses into other pack’s business, but with Cercatori d’Arte and Dahlia de Mai so close it seemed impossible that they could remain so remote. And more importantly, Nayru did not want to. “Our alpha, Conor Soul, has left us. Leaving me to take his place. I lead the pack now.” The small girl stopped there and held her breath as she waited for some sort of reaction. There was, of course, more to this visit, but it would wait until she saw how the man took in his tidbit of information.

<style type="text/css">
.spintree-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.spintree b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a5959; letter-spacing:1px}
.spintree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.spintree {margin:0 auto; background-color:#342c2a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... ubyfae.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746d66; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread