Time: Sunset

Character Form: Optime

Requested Participants: 1-2

Participant Preferences: Inferni only.

Ideal Participant Speed: 1+ per week.
[/html]
[html]

Crap post is crap. All welcome.

She hefted a sigh and gazed absently at the pages of the bible open in her hands. The light of the setting sun as it cast a glow upon the beach left the pages aflame, but it did not help her inability to read the words. No fantastic dream cropped up in her head, no sense came from the book. It was just a book. For all her father's talk about God, it was just a book. Her faith didn't allow her to understand. The letters were obnoxious jumbles that left her with a headache.

A flutter of pages broke the silence as she hurled the small, fragile book across the beach. If only Ezekiel had taught her how to read! If only he hadn't decided there was something better than her in the world, something in the shape of two obnoxious brats and a golden harlot from the sea. If only she hadn't yelled at him, or thrown the books he'd so carefully brought back for her lessons. If only, if only. The world was full of 'if only's that she would never be able to fix. "I'm a horrible sister." Her voice was dull as she collected her possession, hugging the small piece of literature to her chest with trembling arms.

Crimson eyes turned toward the west, full of guilt and regret rather than sadness that was so normally there. As she'd seen in the weeks without Ezekiel's presence, it was difficult to be alone. Her small body dropped to a crouch upon cream feet. Something had to fix itself eventually. Something had to go right. "God has plans for me. I hope."

Talitha de le Poer

Table created by Marie!
<style>
.talfreetable-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.talfreetable-a01-header {font-size:30px; text-align:right; padding:15px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#033c63; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 3px 8px; font-family:Impact;}
.talfreetable-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.talfreetable-a01 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.talfreetable-a01 {background-color:#3e9fe3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hBgsg.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 50px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#033c63; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.talfreetable-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.talfreetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #033c63; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread