pandora's box
[html]

:> WC: 345

Talitha's forcibly strong response was nearly as assuring as her previous ones had been, but Sage kept quiet about it now. She wouldn't continue to fret about her cousin if it was unwelcome. The lack of conversation about it did not keep Sage from being aware of Talitha's words and actions, though. The earth child understood that habitual sadness and self-pity brought about only despair and mourning; things that everyone could stand to have a little less of.

The ruddy woman gave a heavy sigh; it affected Sage, and she did it as well. "What brings you here?" Talitha asked, and Sage shook her head, small smile curling up one side of her lip.

"No, I don't really like it, either." she admitted gently, sunshine gaze towards the horizon, arms wrapped around her own body as the sea breeze flew past. "I only stopped because I thought I smelled something familiar," she said, turning to Talitha and giving her an honest grin. "I'm glad it was you."

Sage allowed her own mind to float away, as it seemed her cousin's had. The hippie girl ignored the short hollow laugh, knowing it was likely not meant for her. Bleakly, her eyes follow the movement of the waves. In their patterns, at least, Sage felt comfort on this strange, unwelcoming beach.

Instinctively, she reached into her bag and retrieved a thinly rolled joint. Turning away from the ocean's spray, she lit it and inhaled several heady puffs before returning to her cousin's side. With a slow motion, she held it out to Talitha with a gentle nod, unsure whether or not the drug would be welcome or admonished.

Sage knew that there was at least one thing that would help to release whatever tension the auburn-haired lady felt. Marijuana had plenty of wonderful properties, and stress relief was surely one. Even if the older Optio wouldn't show it to her, Sage was not unwise to the workings of the mind. Of course there was something wrong; and if Sage could help ease it at all, she most certainly would.

<style>
.sagetrippyhippie .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sagetrippyhippie p {padding:2px 30px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sagetrippyhippie b {color:#AF7817; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sagetrippyhippie {background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5007/sagetrippy.gif); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 90px 0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread