I Know Your Kind
[html]
And this is by no means my fastest :/

Noss could see that the blow had jarred the other's arms, and he frowned even as Viggo dropped straight to the ground to avoid the second hit. While he had to admit that doing so was the smart thing to do--had he not been able to block, of course getting out of the way was the right thing--he could see that the pup's reaction was a little slower than what was considered 'par'. Of course, that level would come with experience, where one moved without thinking and only on reaction. Noss easily caught the jab from the side, stilling Viggo's attack and taking a moment to consider the pup with pale yellow eyes. The attack was well-placed, in any case. Lifting the boy up by the stick, the grey warrior took a step back and began to demonstrate movements with his own arms, using a stern voice. "When you block, space your arms to balance out the shock. You did right by dropping in that case, but in a real fight, you have to learn to twist the staff," he said so while showing the red wolf, easily turned the stick in his hands with fingers that shouldn't have been able to be so agile. Going back into a ready stance, he reassessed to see if the information had sunk in. "Again."

"Your move first, kid," he continued, wanting now to see how brave he could be. Or foolish. Oh how often the warrior had seen false bravado disguised as courage on the battlefield. Or likewise, a fool's courage disguised as valor. It often led to death, if not disgrace. He had already told one wolf that the way of the warrior was hard, and that only those who walked it could fully understand. He was already turning a casual practice lesson into a training session--completely my mistake, he swore--and he wondered if this pup would prove to be even capable of walking the bloody path. Probably not. But, like that female, maybe he could learn some basic defense. Caspa had been persistent, but Noss no longer begrudged it, even if he still held firm to his beliefs on how the path of the warrior was paved. With unlike anticipation, Noss awaited Viggo's strike.

Warrior walks. "Warrior talks." Warrior thinks.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread