Seek and Destroy
The behemoth sat there idly, not really in a stubborn fashion as he watched the boy approach up to him. His hands sat at the reigns limply, knowing the boy would become aware of his presence soon. While he waited he took in a moment to study him, coyote heritage, came from out of the northern lands, and obviously his smell shared some of the traits of most of the northern wolves he had met. But his scent spoke of other places as well, and it meant he couldn’t label him Inferni straight away. But so close to Dahlian borders meant he would have to question them.

Saluce’s eyes went wide with the reaction, the boy had beheld his sight and the intended effect of scaring the daylights out of him seemed to work almost too well! The behemoth raised a hand to wave off the hysteria but it was too late, he was running and he groaned lazily. Already he’d have to chase someone and he wasn’t too far on his journey.

“Wait! I mean you no” his voice carried down in decibels as the boy ran almost out of site “harm” the final word spoken with a sigh. Shaking his head he urged his loyal mount forward, and quickly the horse attained a decent pace considering the weight he carried. The thunder of his hooves beating the ground was another remarkable effect that would make this much harder for Saluce. For a while he caught glimpses of him up ahead before slowly starting to close the gap. He steered the horse off the path to intersect his runner’s path knowing this terrain very well, making use of a dried up creek bed to cut him off.

Out of the mass trees and brush the horse burst through, cutting off the path of the speckled boy. The rider on top looked down at him, not with fierce eyes, as he shook his head. “You are in no Danger unless you bring Danger with you boy” He spoke, his voice completely different from the visage he portrayed. The Frenchman spoke with a soft tone that carried very little bass and malice with it. “I’d like to talk to you for a few moments” he continued hoping he’d at least cause him to stop long enough to ascertain if he was indeed a danger to Dahlia, before trying to find out if he knew of Conor’s whereabouts.

(After what we talked about last night, I formed an initial plot idea to use as my post. I think I need to make sure to do this before I even start writing. Have a definite end game so to speak for that post. Then afterwards it was a bit easier, I knew I had some time to use at least in the first paragraph to address your characters appearance, which helped me get started on the post. When I'm not rushing myself I think I maybe able to do this more often.

I did use the Thesaurus quite a bit but i didn't like most of the words for the instances I was using, but I did use a couple of them that I thought fit quite well and one or two that made me restructure the sentence. I'm very happy with the result and await your thoughts!

thanks so far)

Messages In This Thread