ordinarily less then most
Word count: +300

His comfort with his lupus form was waning as he slowly stepped even closer to the horse and his wolf. The large hooves and the memory of how quickly they can strike was burned in his memory. If only he had chosen to begin this hike in some other, more capable form. Of course, he could shift... he was well fed and rested, but he had never shifted (successfully) in front of another. Only his uncle had seen him shift, and that had resulted in a mocking that caused him to take almost an entire day and the majority of his energy to complete.

"Horse..." Viggo repeated slowly to himself. Who has never seen one before? The question, had it come from any other voice might seem mocking, but from Alder it seemed to be more youthful curiosity; it seemed the pair of males were full of questions for one another.

"I've seen them, I just never knew what they were called...but I do know how hard they can kick. That I was able to learn on my own." He chuckled slightly at his naivety. "Give me just a sec..." Quickly, he moved off into the brush, just far enough away to obscure the sight. His relative newness to his 'situation' still gave him unease and discomfort, but he wanted to be near this animal without so much worry of being stepped on. And he wanted to touch it; to pet it as it seemed Alder might be able to do. The change went smoothly, his excitement at learning something new helping things along and in just a matter of minutes the rust-colored Viggo emerged back onto the path.

His height was no match for that of Alder, but despite this his frame betrayed strength through its small build and wiry body. Moving slowly, he approached a little closer than before, eyes wide and tail wagging. His optime form stood short even against the horse (he was only 5'5 at best). "She's a magnificent horse. Beautiful. Would you... can I..." Unsure of how odd the question and entire situation might be, he stumbled over his words. "May I touch her?"

Messages In This Thread