ordinarily less then most
Word count: +300

A slight sadness tangled within his body versus the happiness he felt. He couldn't imagine not having a name, and this was his empathetic feeling for the bay mare. Of course, Viggo figured it would also be rather liberating to have no name, no ties. But then again, he had been essentially that. He'd be alone, which was almost the same as having no name. No, he pondered, it is sad for this magnificent creature. To have no name. At least she has ties to the pack, just like I do now.

White canines flashed as he smiled at Alder's comment. He could tell the male was saying this as a comfort to Viggo's own confession, however, he felt there was some truth to the wolf's words. The question came as a welcome surprise; he had felt as though he were dominating the conversation and not allowing the larger male to speak. Why didn't we like the luperci? There is so much that I can do now that I couldn't before. Opening and closing his reddish paws his thoughts continued as he again patted the mare. I can lift things, and manipulate them. I can walk upright. I'm faster, stronger, and larger...well in some forms compared to the lupus forms of others.

"I guess mostly because they are different." Amber eyes looked towards Alder only to see him looking at the mare. Viggo tried to remember his pack history to tell a fuller story. "My grandmother always told me about two brothers in our history...one was a wolf and one a luperci. The story goes that each was jealous of the other, essentially starting a blood feud..." He stretched, scratching the back of his neck and looking at the sky for a moment. "This continued and each ruled their own pack, growing in strength and competing, neither leaving the same area... so competing for everything--water, prey, and mates even."

Again, he had managed to take over the conversation. "Were you born into the Court...or did you find your way here from somewhere else?" Viggo cleared his throat, awkwardly hoping he hadn't offended the other.

Messages In This Thread