ordinarily less then most
[html]

sooo sorry for the wait!

Alder had never thought much on the fact that the mare had no name to be called. No, it did not seem like something she cared much about. He called her with other things, like whistles and gentle coxing. His own name had never really been explained to the boy, though unknown to him his mother had indeed chattered away about the choice when he was just a closed eyed whelp. The meaning and importance of it lost to him.

He was more concerned with the thought of offending Viggo, and stood beside the horse and wolf while he looked not at the man who spoke but either towards the ground or at the mare's back. The boy had never been ashamed of what he was, only fearing the change itself. But he had climbed that mountain and it was only because he had done so that he felt normal among the rest of his pack. He had never met anyone that was not a Luperci.

The story was unfamiliar but made sense, and he nodded to show he understood. That would a sad place to grow up in, where judgment was passed for simply being born a certain way. Alder wouldn't be able to manage such discrimination. He was nervous enough that someone might find his demeanor unattractive, let alone something he had absolutely no control over.

With the ending question Alder was grateful that he needn't try to comment on the explanation and spoke quickly to answer. "Oh no, I was born in Crimson Dreams. My mother is a leader there. I moved here to live with my brother Haven, he's the Knight of the pack." Though Alder's purpose was not to boast but simply explain and was making a place for himself here he still relied heavily on the ranks and stations of his kin.

<style type="text/css">
.alderjan08 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d09d6c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #dbdbd7; }
.alderjan08-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e6d4c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f1f1ee; text-align:left;}
.alderjan08 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.alderjan08 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#f1f1ee; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... rjan08.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #dbdbd7; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e6d4c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f1f1ee; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.alderjan08-border1 {width:464px; border:1px solid #8e6d4c; margin:0 auto;}
.alderjan08-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eaded5; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread