I changed by not changing at all
[html]

While he expected such a reaction, for Gabriel had come to realize all women were mad, he still fanned his ears back at her outburst. Dark-eyed, he listened. For whatever else he was, Gabriel was a patient man. It did surprise him to hear of such animosity for Talitha, but he knew Halo was not the type to play nice. After what she had done to Eris, he would not expect anything less. Of course, his daughter was likely at fault too. She had surprised him with her violence, but imagined she might have simply been better at hiding it from him. “I will do as I please, Halo,” he said lowly. It was a subtle warning in itself.

“Ezekiel will assume the role of Aquila. You will continue to assist him, as with Talitha. I will still be around to advise, as your grandmother is.” He narrowed his eyes slightly, wondering if his mother had mentioned the truth of her retirement to the girl. “Don’t argue with me. I won’t risk the safety of this clan with my shoulder the way it is. I need capable hands to protect Inferni.” No one would doubt Gabriel was a talented warrior, but with his mobility limited the handicap would no doubt make him vulnerable.

<style>
.mel-crosstxt-box {background-image:url(http://imgur.com/D0dTU.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:237px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.mel-crosstxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.mel-crosstxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.mel-crosstxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.mel-crosstxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mel-crosstxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread