Wishing to Rebuild
1 or 2 more posts then we can archive this?
2+

He nodded, not trusting his voice to answer for him at the moment and stooped down to pick up another armful of rotten wood to dump on the composting pile, his ears swiveling constantly to stay on her form, listening to her apologise and wishing that she would stop because it would do neither of them any good to keep going in circles like this. The sound of her throwing her wood down onto the floor startled him and he twitched before turning to face her but remained in silence as she poured out her demons about her appearance and feelings, he stayed still as she resumed her work with a fervor that was not healthy until finally she broke down, screaming and launching her wood off into the distance before sitting where she had stood.

Now he felt it was appropriate to act, he rearranged his face into one of stern disapproval and made his way over to kneel down in front of the woman, his white eyes burned with their ferocity and his voice was low with disapproval,

"Nien! Monster you are not. I have seen monsters, I have seen those who steal female pups in the middle of the night to sell as sex slaves, men who keep entire harems of women against their will.." His face appeared as though it was set in stone, "Many of these men I have hunted down on the outskirts of Rome and Madrid and.. disposed of their useless bodies. Between us, I am the only one close to a monster here." Now he had said his piece he resumed his great height and returned to the job of hauling the wood between the stable and decomposition pile, taut muscles bulging from his back and arms and legs as he used his strength.

Messages In This Thread