gemini
[html]

The change that overcame his normally passive and quiet sister was one that Ezekiel had begun suspecting was a part of her truer nature. She was not the demure little thing he imagined so many suspected her of being. As she spoke, she gained a cruelty and a power he had not noticed in her before. Maybe his father had been right in putting her in a position of power. Maybe this was a part of their heredity as well. The right to rule came with blood, not through ascension.

Still the counterfeit smile remained, even as she recognized his plan to keep her under lock and key. What surprised him was her ferocity in regards to the outsiders—only momentarily, though, as he thought of Alaine. She had no room in her heart for those who would betray their own kin. Amber eyes sharpened slightly, turned hawkish, and he showed his teeth in a way that was almost aggressive. “You’ll keep your rank. I’d want someone to be honest with me about this clan. I don’t know these people as well as you do.” This was not a lie; Ezekiel had met only a few members since his return.

“We’ll deal with outsiders as we have,” he said carefully, remaining where he stood. Quickly wishing to avoid the topic further, he continued speaking quickly. “I think Sage might be a good Optio. She’s been around to a lot of the other packs, and she has a horse. She could travel quickly.”

<style type="text/css">
.zekelion b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.zekelion .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zekelion .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zekelion p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.zekelion {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... kelion.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread