gemini
[html]

Talitha’s wild range of emotions was met with a frown from her normally jovial brother. He wondered if this was simply her acting like a woman to keep his attention, and rolled his eyes at her back as she went on. While he found her dramatics draining, he put up with them because he loved her. She was lucky; others might have received a blunt and sharp criticism for such behavior. He bent to pick up the painting as she sat, ears following her voice as the endless doubt continued.

He sat next to her, large frame a contrast to her own. Yet it was impossible to doubt they were siblings, for resemblances remained. She was just a shade darker, a shade redder—or perhaps he was simply washed out, bleached golden-bronze by an unforgiving sun. He hooked one arm around her shoulder, tugging on one of her thick curls with his fingers gently. “You know I love you more than anyone else,” he offered to ease her worries. “I mean, come on. I spent most of my life talking to birds; I think you’re far more social than me. Probably smarter too. And look,” he went on, lifting the painting in his other hand. “This is beautiful, Tali. I couldn’t paint anything like this.” This was no lie. While capable of using a bow and of stitching, Ezekiel lacked an artist’s eye. He was still a savage at heart.

<style type="text/css">
.zekelion b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.zekelion .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zekelion .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zekelion p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.zekelion {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... kelion.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread