Such a gentle soul
[html]

Damage control. This should totally be a skill to be ranked by.

Matteo listened with half an ear yet again as she spoke of her upbringing for a moment, to explain why she went around in the nude. As she put on the shirt, he took to looking at the sky. "Around here, it is optional. Back in Italy, going around without clothing is like pretending to be a sheep. It is very unwise." She took forever doing up those damned buttons, but eventually he heard her voice again. This time, she was assuming the worst of his opinions towards her.

Matteo didn't like the girl, but then again, all he knew of her was what he'd seen in the past day she'd been around. His mother's voice nagged at him to be fair, so the boy snapped into his damage control state. He sighed again, this time softer, and came to kneel beside her. "You do not, and I do not." He shook his head. "The reason I gave you my shirt is so that you can keep yourself covered, Gemma. Back in Italy, we keep our bodies covered to respect ourselves. Only your lover should ever see you in the nude." His voice was calm and careful, friendly even.

Teo wasn't meaning to, but he was coming to understand her a bit. She was wild and whatever she'd been raised up as had her behaving like such, despite her new home and culture. Who was he to hate her for that? He was jealous, yes, but only because she stole affection away from him when it came to Giuseppe. "I am not used to having someone around other than Giuseppe. He and I have always been just the two of us, even as pups. Having someone come to live with us that is not family is not something I expected."

He took another moment to pause, wondering just how he'd turned from clothing to living together. He hadn't meant to. "Stop worrying yourself like this. Your fur will turn gray before its time if you keep this up." He offered her a small, somewhat forced smile. Yeah, it was hard to be friendly to her, his original judgement of her still solid and strong, but the least he could do was be civil. Besides; he hated seeing women upset. It always reminded him of his mother, and watching her cry as he and Giuseppe walked away for the last time.

<style>
.matteo1-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.matteo1-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.matteo1-z91 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#670000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.matteo1-z91 {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... teotab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.matteo1-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread