Shifting
OOC: This is set midday on May 1st.

IC: Ayasha had talked to both J’adore and Ralla about shifting, and she was finally old enough to shift. She knew that she wouldn’t be very big in general. That was how she always was. It might have had something to do with being lost in the middle of winter. She remembered coming in scrawny and she was still small. She wasn’t underfed; she was just small. Somehow, Ayasha would know when she was ready. She had no idea how exactly she would know. She also followed their advice and stuck close to the center of the village.

Deep down, she knew that nothing would happen to her, but she still felt that it was better to play it safe. Yet she was a little freaked out when her body started to ache unexpectedly. It wasn’t really bad but it was noticeable. She then remembered that it would hurt when she first shifted. So this is what shifting feels like? Mommy! I think I’m shifting! Her voice as she called out to her mother was a mix of excitement mixed with fear.

Her fur was starting to lengthen, especially on her head. She then felt her body get bigger as she shifted into what would be her Secui form. The stretching of her muscles and bone structure was the most painful part of this experience. Then, as the aching died down, her body started to begin the shift into her Optime form. Her limbs and torso continued their lengthening, while her forepaws morphed into fingers and the fur on her head continued to lengthen. Her ears moved to the top of her head.

By this time, Ayasha was sprawled awkwardly spread on the ground. She sat up and looked at her fingers in awe as she wiggled them. She felt her hair, which fell to about her shoulders, and considered the process that just happened. She decided that it wasn’t too bad. The next step was getting up. She tried various ways until she found one the let her get up without much trouble. Walking was interesting yet very natural. She tried spinning. It worked! She spun around, giggling, until she got dizzy and fell on the ground. I can do it! She shouted ecstatically. She reached towards a nearby stick and grabbed it. She looked at the stick in her hand and giggled. Her Optime form was cool!

Messages In This Thread