Shifting
[html]

Balancing Ayasha in the crook of an arm and partially on the top curve of her stomach, Ralla used the other arm to thread through Ayasha's new fully grown mane, which would continue to grow as she matured. Already she was thinking of feathers and beads to decorate it with and how the little girl would do the same. "I told you it was a gift," Ralla said as she nuzzled her daughter affectionately. "I promise it will get shorter as you practice, Ayasha. But for now, let your bones rest. I cannot guarantee a 'fast' change, but it will become easier." This was true enough. Granted it would never reach lightning-fast pace, but it would take only about a minute or two once the white pup fully grew into her skin.

Ralla nodded as she began to carry the girl to the tree hut, which was not far away at all, but then thought better of it, since Ayasha had to get used to her bipedal form. Gently setting the girl back down, the two continued on to their home, which would now be Ayasha's to stay in for as long as she wished. When they came to the ladder--which Ralla had to leave down at all times, now, since she could not ascend the tree as she normally did--Ralla coaxed Ayasha to it. "Go on. You go first, and I'll follow you up." This would be a good way for Ayasha to get used to her hands and climbing skills. Who knew? Maybe once Ralla was done with the pregnancy, she would teach her daughter how to climb trees religiously, and how to jump from one to the other like a nimble monkey. Such skills came in handy, but certainly it would wait until Ralla thought her old enough...

There inside, the room was slightly more bare than before since some things had been moved. The table had been disassembled and the pieces put into the observatory, which was little more than a skeleton for the moment, with one of the two chairs taken with it. The wash-basin stood off to one side, a stool next to it, and a window just above where Ralla could dump the pail full of water--which could be hauled up by a pulley system she had rigged on the edge of the platform--into the hollow barrel. Shelves of thin wood held all of her favorite trinkets--broken toys, knick-knacks, and shiny oddities--near the back, where a heap of pillows and blankets served as her and Kemo's bed, the hammock strung not far from it between two poles anchored in the main structure. Four pedestals on the wall held unlit candles since the sun-roof was open, and there was another shelf holding bags of supplies and miscellaneous living necessities and such things, such as more blankets, rope, etc. All over the walls there were more oddities that Ralla had found on her travels--Long Gone art, strange feathers hanging in bunches, a tapestry--and above the hammock itself were bunches of shiny glass and things that glittered in the light; the mobile that had been Ralla's starlight inside of the hut when the roof blocked the rest. It would be Ayasha's now.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread