Shifting
[html]

Another post from each of us before we're done, do you think?

Ralla shook her head in mock-exasperation. "There cannot be good without bad. It really wasn't so bad, now, was it?" Children would be children, and patience was a virtue besides the fact. Watching Ayasha walk for the first time on two legs was honestly a gift and made Ralla smile with the fact as they walked. At first she saw Ayasha struggle with how to climb the ladder, but the smart girl figured it out in two ticks, Ralla following her up, ever vigilant to make sure that the white child had a firm grip and footing.

"Lots of time," Ralla responded as she took a seat on the chair near the basin. "Some things I had to take apart and reassemble up here. Others I made up here. More still I used the pulley outside for the larger objects, or things I couldn't carry up the ladder." She remembered having to bring the tabletop up the tree; it was not a pleasant memory or experience... During her talk, Nootau had flown through the window and went to perch on the branch of a shelf Ralla had made (the shelf in question a jumble of sticks tied together with much string at the ends). She was certainly no Gatlvska... A bright light filled Ralla's heart again as she reminisced of her nights in that hammock, and how Ayasha seemed to love it at first sight. "Yes. Be careful not to try and grab them, though. Some of them are sharp. This one," she said, getting up and pointing to a green shard, "I found washed up on the southern beaches. And this one," a gold, transparent globe, "I found in the ruins of Halifax." Each bobble had its own memory and story, even if she could not name its identity. The light twinkled surreptitiously through the mobile. "I'm glad that you do. This is your home now, too."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread