directions to heaven
[html]

She couldn’t help a skeptical look cross her beautifully lean features. Head cocked slightly to the side, Ever stared the strawberry woman down, clearly unchanged by her sudden month of break through. Amaranth would always be Amaranth to Ever.

But she swallowed her acid distaste for the time being and allowed room enough for a smile. Her apology spread warmth through the silver girl. It wasn’t hard to imagine that the Catori girl had a softer side. She appeared to be mated and word that she was pregnant had come and passed. Ever confirmed this vague idea when Amaranth produced a pup from the pouch she was shielding.

He was small, too small to be more than a couple months. His pelt was fiercely colored like his mothers; the boy himself was too shy to inherit her sharp attitude. A small greeting escaped his maw after gentle prodding and a louder one rewarded for more encouragement.

Ever smiled sympathetically now, looking at Jiva with a new profound fire. She felt content for the luck her adopted sister had been given to produce such a wonder.

Hello, Jiva,

The silver hybrid replied, keeping her voice warm and light. She knew little about young children, but over the years she had met quite a few, from hotheaded to shy and quiet. Ever looked up at Amaranth.

I understand. I am glad you came to visit,

She spoke the truth, keeping her expression subtle and welcoming.

<style type="text/css">
.baycloud-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.baycloud b {font-weight:bold; color:#996691; letter-spacing:1px}
.baycloud p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.baycloud {margin:0 auto; background-color:#aea5b2; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/1219yyw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515e7b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21293c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread