Finding supplies
[html]

Smile

Though she did not voice it, Desi was quite impressed that he made no outward sign of pain when she cut him. Some wolves their age possessed such fortitude, but not many. As she sat there patiently holding their blood bond, he asked her why she had kissed the blade. She was not sure of the exact symbolism of the act, so she could not fill him in. It had just felt right, in the absence of a bigger ceremony than a random meeting in a supermarket.

My mamma told me that if I ever had occasion to change someone, that I should do it with as much pomp and ceremony as was possible. Maybe she was just superstitious like that, but since we don't have anything to make a bigger deal out of it with, that just... felt like the best thing to do. Even if the little ritual did nothing toward making the boy a Luperci, it couldn't hurt to fulfill any possible requirements, right?

After several more moments passed, Desi withdrew her hand, offering it to him to lick clean while she bent to do the same for him. This was not so much a ritual but a sealing of the bond: Roran and Desi were now blood siblings if nothing else, and cleansing each others' wounds would either be the equivalent of a human spit-shake or just the doctoring up of each others cuts, the metaphorical band-aid. When no trace of blood marred his silky white fur, she straightened, holding her hand still so that the blood would congeal fully into a scab.

<style>
.desi-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.desi-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.desi-z91 b {color:#c687c6; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.desi-z91 {background-color:#eee7db; background-image:url(http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.desi-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread