If You Stay..
800+ 10 points

Jace was loathe to mention her sister to anyone, it now felt as though her family was entirely her own secret to keep and it had been a long while since it had happened and she had last seen them that she didn't know if she could mention it now. The words stuck in her throat, so she just shook her head, "It is painful for me, in here." She placed an ashen paw over her breast where her heart was, she had lost so much family to fate and destiny she was beginning to think that everyone was doomed to be taken from her and either killed or hidden so she could not find them.

His compliment was a surprise and she smiled lightly, "Yes, it is my own about not fitting in." She gestured down to the mismatched assortment of colors her fur was painted in, "In the Arctic being white is the key to survival. I was very lucky." She moved closed and sat down next to the huge male, sitting he still dwarfed her and made her look like a half grown puppy not the 3 year old she almost was. "No not at all, go ahead." Her gaze was drawn to the lakes that shimmered before them in the midday sun and her mind wandered to some of the human books she had read regarding life in the water, her ears still listening to his song of men and romance, while her mind working over, there was life here and all around them, small life that could not be seen by their eyes, animalcule. It lived in the lakes and ponds and even the smallest puddle as well as in the soil and everywhere. It should have creeped her out and made her squeamish but it did not because she knew just as all the larger plants and animals had their roles in the food chain then so did the small ones and that they were the most important of all for they gave life to everything else.

Her head turned to Ookami as he finished and she grinned, "That was good, I have another song. It is not my own but it is one I heard while I was younger."

Guess this means you're sorry
You're standing at my door
Guess this means you take back
All you said before
Like how much you wanted
Anyone but me
Said you'd never come back
But here you are again

'Cause we belong together now, yeah
Forever united here somehow, yeah
You got a piece of me
And honestly,
My life (my life) would suck (would suck) without you

She didn't sing it with the full volume and tenor that which she had heard it in but quietly and slowly, with soft overtones. A slower version of the faster one but both versions worked in her opinion. This song had her mind flicking to another song, this one her own and one she had composed while running from death. She launched straight into it from the first but it was obvious that they were not one and the same, and instead of stopping after one verse she sang through it all in its entirety, this song hurt to sing as much as thinking about her sister did but she persevered with it not wanting to be a slave to her pain for her entire life, she wanted to be able to tell any children she had about their brave aunt and grandmother who had given their lives so that their mother might survive.

I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself
Cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did,
You fell so hard
I've learned the hard way
To never let it get that far

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you