all the world's a stage
She claimed one thing and did the other. The last time they’d met, he had called her out on her bullshit and she’d gotten all worked up about it. Hybrid didn’t honestly care if it bothered her and he wasn’t really trying to change her mind; he just didn’t like it when others lied to him. He preferred either the truth or an omission. If they just didn’t tell him, he wouldn’t ask. He didn’t need to know about others’ pathetic lives and he didn’t mind that he was this selfish. He knew his role and he understand how he lived. He didn’t need anything more.

Talitha tried to live like that, but every time she made that claim, there was something that seemed off. It was as if she wished she didn’t care, but she really did. There was something too good about her, some sort of characteristic Faolin shared: they just didn’t have the ruthless intentions. His sister had been weak, had risen to the occasion once, but had then proven herself flighty and unreliable with a string of disappearances. Like mother like daughter, right?

“You care and you always try to say you don’t. I don’t know why you’re lying to yourself or to me,” he replied with a half-hearted sneer. It was more sad than angering, really, so Hybrid couldn’t muster up the anger required. “You wouldn’t have left the clan meeting and you wouldn’t have just told me you’re trying to show them they’re wrong if you really didn’t care.” He just didn’t know anymore.

Messages In This Thread