the sky above us shoots to kill
[html]

Word Count » -- :: table by anna <3

She was the first to arrive, but he knew from the scent of her, and from the glitter of excitement in her downcast eyes, that Eris had amassed those they sought. The midnight-pelted witch had lowered head and submissive posture, but she was a Queen in this land, and surely none could doubt it. The woman took her position at his side, the two silhouetted figures creating a perfect chess-piece set.

The Hunter watched as they arrived - His chosen. First came the shaman, her luminous ruby eyes sparkling in the dim light. The fire in his stomach roared in pleasure at seeing her here, with those he assumed to be her banded family. They were unknown to him, but the Kimaris woman had proven herself, and in doing so had offered them a place in the New world that he had created.

Next came the outline of an equine, and by scent he recognized the strange shape on its back to be those belonging to Eris. They dismounted, and his gaze was eager to spot the girlchild amongst them. The serpentine emerald passed over the coyote slave, as so often they did. She was worth less than the small flock that Larkspur had previously brought across, and was noted as little more than an item. The slave's gold nose-ring glinted in the semidarkness, marking her in spite of the way she cowered behind the D'Angelo male.

The next pair to arrive were unfamiliar, but he had known that there would be those who came on Eris' word alone. He had explicit trust in the choices of the dark woman, for their conversations had been demanding and restrictive, and each shared the unique perception of worth when it came to their new creation. None of the unworthy would have a place, a rank, here; The unworthy were fit only for the gold-nose ring, and the broken emptiness in submissive eyes.

It struck him as strange that the man seemed so subservient to the child on his back, and even stranger still when the child took it upon himself to address them. This displeased the male immensely, as children should be taught to be seen but not heard, until calculative eyes noticed perhaps that the youth was not so young as he seemed - Simply small. He had already mastered the two-legged form, and that was the Revlis' man's gauge of adulthood. The frown that had shadowed piercing eyes remained, but the Hunter's gaze was now less disapproving, more curious.

The whelp gave them gruesome gifts, and although he was not repulsed by such a blatant act of cruelty, nor was the seated puppeteer overly impressed. The kit's fur had been wasted, stained with their own blood when breaking their necks could have sufficed. He would have Molcaxitl scrub and skin them later, and see what of the precious soft pelt could be preserved. A nod was given to the male who had offered them, to show that his gifts were suitable, and welcomed.

Now that such strange antics had concluded, a strange stillness and silence fell over the eclectic gathering. The Hunter's cunning eyes lifted from the gift to be drawn instantly to the brooding bleeding hues of Itachi, and a rush of pleasure warmed his reptilian veins. Eyes flickered momentarily with approval, and a deep breath was taken into lungs, and held for a moment. It was released in a slight swell of steam, through which the acidic ivy eyes glinted hungrily.

He rose to four paws, feeling the feral power of his form necessary for this most tremendous of times, of heartbeats and of opportunity. "Welcome, my brethren," His voice was fluid but uniquely dangerous, priceless silk sliding over the keened edge of a hidden blade as it ebbed to fill the silence. Large ears stood stiffly upright, proudly crowning his head, and tail was raised to show canine dominance. A strange euphoria pulsed through his blood, like adrenaline, only more potent. It filled the male's tenor tones, commanding the ears of those around him. "You have come here to me, seeking what I can give you, wanting all that I can offer," The weak light of the rising sun cast beams about his dark-furred head, filtering through the outer hairs and turning them a vibrant auburn. Thus haloed, looking suitably magnificent, Sirius paused only a moment before continuing. "I am Sirius Revlis, your leader. Know me, my kin," And the crocodile smile sharpened the Hunter's face, sharp teeth that had known much blood glinting ferociously a moment before being sheathed in words. "Know me, and obey me. So, too, pledge your loyalty to my Auxiliary - She who unites us," His feverish gaze turned to Eris, burning into her a moment with a fiercely controlled pride.

Mastering his emotion, the Revlis male padded leisurely to the fallen corpse of a rotten tree, leaping with the prowess of a jungle cat to stalk along its width. "I have named this place Salsola, and it shall be our home - The beginning of the new world. Those beyond this place will fear to speak its name, for it is ours," The word ended in a sharp, venomous hiss, before a surprisingly civil expression donned his darkly handsome features, "And those who seek to tread its depths uninvited will dread the day they dared trespass here - For we own all that wanders this land, bird and fish and snake, and we shall own them, too." He spoke of slavery as one might speak of the weather, or a particularly uneventful recollection.

Gaze returned to Eris, sinfully lustful, and he leapt from the log to return to her side. "We will mark this place, this border on which you sit, with our claws and the blood of our enemies. Pledge your souls to me, my kin. Welcome to Salsola. Welcome to the Family." And with that, he threw back his head and howled, and the eerie sound echoed high into the traitorous heavens.

<style>
.free-a25 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a25 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a25 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a25 b {color:#4e5362; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a25 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:475px;}
.free-a25 .inner{background-color:#d2c9c0; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a25.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:475px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread