the dearly departed
[html]

She tried with difficulty to turn the body of the child over on the ground, succeeding only after utilizing her face as well. A sigh escaped her jaws, breathing bloodied air back into the world. Dead. Three dead, when there should have been none. And for what? To teach a lesson, to find a home, to protect a family who was filled with monsters like her father. Her head shook, hanging low against her shoulders. Behind her, Ezekiel handled the bodies of the intruders. The silence allowed her mind some sort of ease, though her rage still boiled beneath her skin. Four legs morphed back to the slightly uneven bipedal body that had been rapidly gaining in weight. She kneeled beside the boy as the Aquila voiced his question. "I was," she paused, taking a deep breath and releasing a heavy sigh as she closed the eyes of the child. "I was teaching him how to play the guitar, and they came to the border. I told them to go away." Simple words that lead to perceived tragedy. "Maki attacked the light one."

With careful consideration for the body, she lifted it into her arms and rose to her feet, turning toward her brother with grave expression. "Maybe you'll learn, Ezekiel. This is what happens when we're nice to them. This is what happens when Inferni is considerate to the feelings of wolves." She had noticed the hybrid features of the monsters, but that did not change her hatred for them. They were wolves, while she was a coyote, and there was nothing more to that. Wolves, dogs, outsiders. All the same. She saw no true differences. Her curls were tossed around as she shook her head once more. "Leave the bodies. They don't deserve your rituals for the dead." It wasn't a request. For the first time, she didn't ask him politely. In that moment, she had the gall to order the golden male to do something.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread