the dearly departed
[html]

She watched her brother in his silence, waiting patiently for response. She had given him a command, and in that command there was anger and determination to see they didn't get their proper afterlife, and she wondered if he would listen to her. In her surprise, he did. Something in his eyes turned icy. The voice that reached her black-rimmed ears was hot with aggression. She could understand the problem, Maki had been the first death under Ezekiel's reign with the crown. Death at any stage was a loss, but Talitha saw ways to rectify the problem. The only thing she could hope for was that Ezekiel saw them too.

Things would change, he claimed, and though she wanted to believe him, she knew that changing was harder for some. Ezekiel was different. Many of the new members of the clan were different, but Talitha held on to what little traces of their heritage remained. And then the look he gave her, glittering with a violence she hadn't seen in the past, that was what made her believe him. She might have smiled had the mood not been so sour. "You say wolves, I say outsiders. But I won't argue your judgement." It was still truth that she didn't see distinctions in the dogs and wolves who waited on the borders, hiding in their other packs until the time was right to cause harm.

A sigh left her and long fingers wrapped around the shoulder of the corpse in her arms. "Get them off our lands first, and then we can deal with our own dead." She'd see him buried in the garden, once the demons had been removed, and she'd decorate the gravesite accordingly. Gently, she returned Makhesthai to the ground in order to approach her brother with free hands. One rested gently upon his shoulder as she came to stand beside him. "I'm sorry I wasn't stronger, maybe he wouldn't have died." Her apology was quiet, and followed by a fluid motion to crouch near him. "But I'm proud of you; you did a good job."

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread