in limbo
[html]

Haha, I wonder if you can tell that I had fun writing this. >> WC: 454

The dark wolf named Saluce gave positive, albeit vague news about Dahlia. Happy to hear this, Sage's lips curled into a gentle smile. She knew the pain that the snowstorm had caused. "Yes, it hit Inferni quite badly, as well. I messed my arm up pretty badly on the last day of it..." she offered, thinking back to that terrible day with a shiver. Sage did not want to relive that moment; especially not right now.

Thankfully, her thoughts were cut short by the sudden entrance of one whom she could only assume to be Nayru. Wide, golden eyes took in the beautiful lady with thirst; she had a captivating, dark set of eyes that the earth child wanted to explore. Did that red color really suit her?

The gentle woman introduced herself politely, even apologizing for interrupting; but Sage had been happy for the distraction from talk of that darker time. Talitha responded with a sadly bitter remark, and Sage glanced over to her for a moment, the faintest hint of disapproval in her gaze. They could not be making bad impressions now.

As golden eyes turned back, the bicolored lady bowed her head. Surprised and not knowing a better way to respond, Sage slowly mimicked her motion, offering a more subtle bow of her own chocolate head as she reached out with small hands to grasp one of Nayru's own. "So very nice to meet you, Nayru," she greeted softly, a genuine smile spilling over her face. Sage felt a good presence from this woman leader; though she hadn't met Dahlia's last leader, the young Lykoi girl had high hopes for this one. After Talitha had offered her gift and her name settled in the air, Sage let her own drift through her lips. "I'm Sage River Lykoi; we're here on peaceful terms..." she said, shooting another glance to the auburn-haired cousin she held so dear; despite their current semi-peace, Sage knew that they should not be underestimated.

The earth-toned Lykoi fumbled in her bag for a moment before producing the thin leather bracelet, dark brown and woven with four small red beads. She held it out to Nayru gently, almost unsure whether or not it was a worthy gift. But, Sage thought, if the woman had given jewelry, perhaps she would like to get it as well.

She felt something brush against her shoulder briefly and turned. The girl had nearly forgotten about the gray Tremblay man; he'd been rather silent for a moment. With a slightly nervous smile, she took a small step back towards her cousin. Though she looked past his species, Sage would always be intimidated when large, strange, strong-looking men stood so close.

<style>
.sagetrippyhippie .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sagetrippyhippie p {padding:2px 30px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sagetrippyhippie b {color:#64480b; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sagetrippyhippie {background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5007/sagetrippy.gif); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 90px 0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread