in limbo
[html]

WORD COUNT → 500+

mall-caps;text-variantConfusedmall-caps;">IT'S ONLY cript;">FOREVER, NOT LONG AT ALL

She, of course, did not appreciate the close proximity between her cheerful cousin and the brutish thug who had greeted them, but she said nothing and kept her attention on the leader instead. There was no reason to give undue interest in the way of lesser members; her opinion of Dahlia de Mai was steadfast and would only be changed by the right being. By the right leader. She was certain that Inferni itself would feel the same, regardless of what her cousin thought or hoped or wanted. History hit hard. The wounds still festered freshly in many of those who resided behind the decorated borders of the kingdom. Though Sage gave Talitha a reprimanding gaze, the elder Lykoi grandchild paid no heed. She knew better than any the horrors committed by the vile pack during the wars; though Nayru's hands were innocent of blood, Talitha could not gaze past the curtain and into the future. That was why Ezekiel had put her place in Inferni. She had no compassion.

Much to Talitha's surprise — and pleasure — Nayru accepted her gift with interest instead of disgust. Her thanks, and assurance that Dahlia de Mai, was given a nod of approval from the dark de le Poer. At least she wouldn't return with full hands; how embarrassing that would be. Sage's gift was received pleasantly as well, though it was far different from the more macabre Optio's tastes. Nayru thanked them once more, speaking for her pack in regards to a lack of ill will and a desire to put the past in the past. It did sound pleasant, or it would to some, yet Talitha accepted the desires with indifference. A gentle shake of her head tossed auburn curls out of her sight.

"History cannot be buried." The phrase was one she had come to realize as truth; her past would not disappear and neither would the past of those who lived amongst the Kingdom, and she could not stand idly to the side while the spotted child gave fuel for her cousin to continue the goodwill she had toward this strange place. "You are young. My cousin is young. Perhaps neither of you know, or remember, the sins Haku Soul committed so many years before. There are still people in our clan that will never accept these peaceful terms, many people in our family who would rather see the whole of Dahlia de Mai burned to ashes. I cannot speak for our home, and I will not promise you that your tokens of goodwill or even your differences from the Soul leaders will calm the hate they feel. It doesn't calm mine." Honesty. Honesty was what came forward, as she was unwilling to coat the topic in sugary words that she didn't mean. Her hands went to her hips. "But my brother is different than my father, and he is more accepting of outsiders, much like Sage is. With time, all scars heal. Once the older members have passed away, there will be a better chance for your pack to make amends for what was done to us."

Though Inferni had also been at fault, she felt certain that more of her family remained than those who had suffered the gruesome reign of Haku Soul in Dahlia, and that was why her words came out in the most self-centered of was. Somewhere, deep inside, she knew her father and her uncle would have to be in the ground before anything between the two rivals could be mended. She was not comfortable with the idea. She never would be, but she did not plan to deal with outsiders; after this venture, all relations with other packs would be up to Sage River Lykoi.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;font-size:14}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread